Thursday, September 10, 2009

Characterization of The Hitchhiker


I am reading this book called the Hitchhiker. And the author of the book is Anthony Horowitz he is a really good writer.


On page 41 I think the dad of Jacob (John) is a nice person. Because he offers someone for a ride when it was an awfull stormy day. I thought something like that because Jacob and his mom does not want to offer the stranger a ride.


On page 43 John likes to help people and makes everybody happy and sometimes he likes to annoy his wife I think he is an easy going person. "My father knew he had annoyed my mother and he was determinded to be cheerful and chatty."


On Page 43 I think Mr. Rellik is a really mysteriouse person. Because his fingers are so long that he put his hand on his thigh and it ended up on his knee. And a scar on his eye to his cheek and his eyes are not even. "His fingers are unusually long. One hand was resting on his thigh and his fingers reached all the way to his knee."


I enjoy this book a lot because it is scary (I like scary stories) and this book is also interesting.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nadia, you did a nice job with this. You've twice shown John to be a decent person, and offered proof from the text.

Then you switch to Mr. Rellik, and he sounds much less nice, at least on the surface. It will be interesting to see how he turns out in the end.

Keep up the good work, N.K.